[TowerTalk] 90' sky needel

Mac McCullough w5mc at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 11 02:58:47 EDT 2006

Well thank you all for the past information and finally verifying the proper cable wrapping of my more vintage 90' model... vs. the later models ... now however im needing or wanting to restring/ replace the 3 lifting cables, the main one and the 2 shorter ones that pull up and or down the sections 4 and 6  and as we know the main lift cable working from section 10 lifts up section 8..   I'd like to find out the exact cable lengths if any of you know these and then I will either buy them from a supplier or else have them fabricated here locally by a wire rope shop ..  but im wanting to try and have the cables on hand so that I can perform this exchange while I have the crane here one time, rather than one time to lift out sections 4 and 6 to retrieve those cables then section 8 so I can restring it as well,  the intent is to save one extra crane trip and it's associated costing if I can ,  but I feel like it would be the prudent thing to do before I place this tower into long term expected service ... all help will be greatly welcomed .. thanx  mac/mc  w5mc

Located 46 miles due North of the Alamo, and 121 miles due South of the Western White House.   see my website at  www.collinsandharrisradios.com