[TowerTalk] Tic ring feeline

Dick Green WC1M wc1m at msn.com
Mon Sep 11 17:55:56 EDT 2006

A friend of mine has a 2-stack of TH7s, with the lower one on a TIC ring.
The StackMatch is roughly in the middle between the two beams. The phasing
line for the lower feedline comes straight down the tower from the
StackMatch to just a few inches above the TIC ring, at which point it loops
up to the top of the TH7 boom strut support pipe. It runs down the pipe and
along the boom to the balun (it's taped to the pipe and boom.) In other
words, the loop is on the top side of the ring, between the beam and tower.
When I was up there a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the feedline is
only taped to the tower a couple of feet below the StackMatch, and isn't
taped to the tower from there to the loop. Personally, I would have
continued taping it a little further down, if only to keep it from slapping
against the tower, but I don't think it matters much.

73, Dick WC1M