[TowerTalk] [Towertalk] WARNING: Do not try this at home!

Merlin-7 KI4ILB merlin-7 at sc.rr.com
Mon Sep 11 18:32:24 EDT 2006

 Well when you think about it...

 1- you have to be smart enough to pass your test, most hams with A tower
are at least generals..

 2- you have to have money to pay for the tower or figure out a way to get
the parts you need...Usually from other hams or clubs.

 3- most new hams {like me} ask a butt load of questions on the proper way
things should be done, safely...
 I mean, what is the use in finding out how to properly install a ground
system if you go and climb an unbolted tower and shake it lose? Most hams
would know that your chances of dieing doing that are much greater than
being hit by lightning..hi hi

 4- everything I stated above does not apply to some 11 meter operators.

Joe