[TowerTalk] Tower Remote Control

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Thu Sep 14 17:47:09 EDT 2006

I have both of my LM-470s remotely operated.  All I did was parallel the
existing switch on the tower with an identical remote switch in the
shack.  It requires paralleling six wires and bringing them into the
shack.  I haven't hooked up pilot lights to tell me when I've reached a
limit switch, but it's on my list.  But as long as your limit switches
are working, there should be no problem.

Maybe I'm naive, but I never considered changing directions much of an
issue.  The switch is spring loaded (M-O-M) and has a center off
position.  So you have to pass through "off" to change directions.

If you need my diagrams, I can e-mail them to you.

73, Joe
K2XX