[TowerTalk] Conduit for cables to the tower?

Eugene Jensen eugenejensen at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 14 20:55:38 EDT 2006

If that a concern either buy one to mount in the electrical panel, (pricey)
or get a hospital grade commercial one;  I personally have not experienced
the problem, simply because I am using good commercial grade stuff and
ignoring the normal Home Depot material.  The actual question one really has
to ask ourselves is regardless of the cost factor, is how long one wants to
be around to enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours.  And I cannot think of
being electrocuted around a tower as being an enjoyable aspect of our hobby!
I hate to be blunt, but since the code has gone into effect over the last 15
- 20 years, the death of electrocution around water or wet environments has
fallen to just a handful over a year's time.  And there is an explanation
for that but that is really outside the scope of what I am trying to get
across.  And on the other hand, if you have an electrical permit he is not
going to care of what your excuse is going to be for not having it.  He is
going to want to see it somewhere in the circuit wired correctly.  73's Gene
K2QWD