[TowerTalk] ma550 question - Yikes!

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 08:38:07 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/14/2006 5:27:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I wouldn't want to depend on the "automatic lowering" system  to
protect me and/or my neighbors either, but ... it HAS been  done...with
a building permit.  I know a ham that has an MA850 with a  MonstIR on
top.  His neighbor's property is probably < 50 feet from  his tower
base.  He was required to install an "automatic lowering"  system that
would guarantee that it was nested any time the windspeed was  > (I
think) 25mph.  I was shocked when I heard that the city ok'd  this, but
it has been done :-)

        How did it ever get calc'ed  out for a 225# antenna?!? I'm shocked
too. It must not be a stock MA850 or  there's something going on we don't know
about.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH