[TowerTalk] Dipping The Tower

John Cowan w0tmm at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 08:44:10 EDT 2006

I have installed a shunt wire 16" from my 68' tower. I grounded the shunt wire with the two loops in the wire as is show Low Band Dxing. But, when I attach the dip meter coil to my MFJ-269 and put the dip coil inside the shunt wire coil, I cannot find a "dip" anywhere for the resonant frequency of the tower. I have made the shunt wire loop smaller and adding more turns to the loop. Nothing works.

The shunt wire is attaqched to the bolts of the top rotor plate where it attaches to the top section of Rohn 25.

I have broken up the guy wires with egg insulators. Is there something I am missing here? Any suggestions?

John