[TowerTalk] Recommendation for mast on bottom mount rotator

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 18:30:59 EDT 2006

TT:

Jim Lux wrote:

> I wonder if you could use those inexpensive 4' fiberglass mast
> sections.  They have keyed interconnections, so, can transmit a torque.

I have several of those mast sections and the bottom of the next upper section is smooth.  That is, the splines from the lower section do NOT engae matching splines above them.  See http://cgi.ebay.com/COUPLING-SECTION-FOR-BASE-ANTENNA-MAST-SECTIONS_W0QQitemZ120031615297QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4672QQcmdZViewItem  for a photo of the spline piece separate from the fiberglass section.  This piece enters the next section and can rotate freely, given enough torque on the pieces.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F