[TowerTalk] Direct tv v. tower

Natan Huffman natan1961 at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 18 20:39:27 EDT 2006

My recent move has come to the point where a new tower installation is at
hand.  The local Direct TV installation tech. claims my tower living within
the area between my K band TV antenna and the satellite will severely affect
the signal coming down from the bird.  As the TV signal is far above
frequencies I have any experience with, I ask the question:  Will my tower,
approximately 75' away and 89' tall with a F12 C39XRN on it, cause degrading
of the TV signal?   The tower is on the right hand extreme of the pattern of
the antenna, not squarely in the center.

Thank you,

Natan W6XR