[TowerTalk] Copper roll, making 50 feet into 100 feet and thru wall idea

Noid Wilson noid at baycrestfl.com
Wed Sep 20 12:24:42 EDT 2006

More grounding talk.

Its been a while since I have connected two pieces of copper.  Is the
preferred method connecting two pieces of copper roll 2 and 4 inch in
width for grounding lightning protection to braze the two pieces
together?  Have there been any mechanical devices to enhance the
physical connection devised to make it stonger?

Typically inside construction the strap is attached to the wall and a T
connection is made to the device for grounding.  Taking that inside
connection to ground (outside)will require an extension of a length
copper roll.

Does anyone have an idea (yeah right this group has more than one) on
getting the strap from inside to outside the shack area with minimal
cutting or destruction?  The station is on the second floor (wood
construction) close to the grounding location.  Looking for a thru-wall
idea.  Does anyone have a picture or two of their situation?  I cant cut
a hole in the wall to run a 2 or 3 inch PVC pipe for conduit, however I
did run 5 female to female SO-239 thru wall connectors with aluminum
plates for backing inside and out at the station location to get the
antennas connected to the radios.  I can repair the holes drilled pretty
easy if we decide to move in the future.  A big hole is harder to fix
than multiple smaller ones.

Thanks all
Noid Wilson
Tampa, FL
noid (at) baycrestfl (dot) com

LM-354 HDSP tower coming and needing to get final prep for the setup