[TowerTalk] The BIG one!

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Thu Sep 21 06:26:47 EDT 2006

> Possibly even a stack of 2 element Yagis would be
> better than one 5 element most of the time.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets the first one working he plans to build a
second one and stack the two.  This was what Stan told me a couple years
ago.

> The 5 elements at 100´has a broader vertical lobe
> and still a lot of gain up to 40° (like a dipole)
> which might be useful for close in contacts but
> is worse for DX contests.

Safe to assume Stan's purpose is DX contests.  After he stacks two of them,
he can feed the lower one by itself when he wants to work the USA.

Stan, buddy, get on here and defend yourself!  I, for one, say "go for it!"

Mark, N5OT