[TowerTalk] The BIG one!

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 07:11:38 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/20/2006 4:08:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
richard at karlquist.com writes:

>  More power to him, but my understanding from gurus such  as
N6BV and W3LPL is that he would be better off with a stack
of 3  element Yagi's.  Possibly even a stack of 2 element Yagi's
would be  better than one 5 element most of the time.
Anyone remember the cover of  QST with W6VSS's 5 element 40 meter
beam (circa 1963)?  W6VSS told me  it was really hard to keep
the thing up.

    I totally agree. A 2 or 3L stack will give almost  the same performance
at significantly lower cost.

    But I wouldn't mind operating this Elephant Gun  sometime!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC