[TowerTalk] Buying Cadweld/Harger in NJ

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Sep 27 14:42:52 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Dougherty" <w2irt at comcast.net>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:31 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buying Cadweld/Harger in NJ

> Hi guys,
>
> The ground rod odyssey continues. I've been trying without success to
> find a vendor who will sell me some exothermic welding supplies, but
> I'm running into brick walls in dealing with Tessco. Looks like they
> have the right stuff but they won't sell to individuals, nor provide
> technical help in selecting the exact parts I need, or even give me
> info on reps in my area. I called three times and always get the same
> unhelpful so-and-so's, too.

Almost any Electrical supplier should carry them of be willing to order
them.
I'd check other suppliers in your area. If that doesn't bring up anything,
try a Google search on "Cadweld sales, Cadweld one shot sales" or other
stringsalong that line. The second brought up 238 results for me. Not all
were what I was really looking for but there appeared to be plenty of sales.

I purchase mine in carton lots at the local wholesaler "Medler Electric".
Some say they are not hazardous material, but mine came shipped as such but
the carton does not list them as such.  They are potent when ignited, but it
takes a lot to ignite them so I'd not think they'd be classed as hazardous
materials.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com