[TowerTalk] Good manners

kd4e kd4e at verizon.net
Sat Sep 30 21:31:17 EDT 2006

> You need to get out more, Red.
>
> TowerTalk is one of the most polite, gentlemanly reflectors around. If
> you'd like to observe how the other side really lives, email me
> privately for a list of groups. Prepare to have your ears scorched.
>
> Bill, W6WRT

Stomps up onto the soapbox ...

So we are to understand that because the overall level
of crassness in the world has risen -- moderate crassness
is no longer available to question?

Sort of like a child whining "Well, everyone else shoplifts
and cusses!"

There is the story of the frog in the kettle.  Slowly
the heat is turned up and by the time it realizes it
has reached cooking temperature it is too late.

I have turned on evening television lately and I
fear we are dancing dangerously close to "cooking
temperature" in this crass world of ours.  :-(

And yes, I am a pastor and a professor and a parent
and a counselor so this subject is where I live!

Climbs carefully down off the soapbox ...

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E