[TowerTalk] Radials vs vertical height

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 21:43:51 EDT 2007

Good points Rick,
That's why many people have good success with the inverted L. If it is made
longer than a quarter wave length the radiation resistance rises and a good
ground becomes less important but it seems few recognize that.

I mentioned long ago in this thread that a 1/2 wave vertical needs almost no
ground to work pretty well and most seemed to want to ignore it and continue
to bitch about how many radials you need or the antenna won't work.

73
Gary  K4FMX