[TowerTalk] Earth Anchors

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 3 11:16:28 EDT 2007

I read this when it first hit my in-basket and thought about replying, but thought since I am and EX-Texas Towers employee, my views might be taken as biased.  SInce Roger has chimed in I will echo what he has sent.

The Rohn Screw In Earth anchors offered by Texas Towers (and others) are many steps above what you can get at most Farm Stores. I presently work for Lowe's HIW and we sell augers similar to what is shown in the link. The ones from the farm store (and Lowe's) are painted while the Rohn items are HEAVILY galvanized ( I remember how rough they were when we unloaded the Rohn truck). Also the gauge and quality of the steel is much higher on the Rohn. It is not an Apples-to-Apples comparison. The specifications provided by Rohn are conservative at best. They will most likely far surpass the specs they give. The Farm Store anchors will seldom, if ever have to pass an Engineers Inspection.

My $0.02 and worth what you paid for it.

Clint - W5CPT