[TowerTalk] earth anchors

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 3 12:28:29 EDT 2007

I've bought some of those cheap,painted earth anchors from those farm supply
stores.I have nothing against Texas Towers,just placed an order with them
last week as a matter of fact.I tried to pull some of those cheap 8" by 6
feet anchors out of the ground with our 8970 4 wheel drive 450 HP John Deere
and all that happened was I get the fix the lawn.The are strong and will not
come out,they may rust away.If the ends are welded and not just bent over I
think they will be fine.Texas Towers orders what maybe 100-200 of them.The
local Fleet and Farm here orders 1000's.They are most likely made at the
same place.I doubt one is made out of Stainless Steel.   Gregg  K9KL    ps I
eneded up digging around them and cutting them of with the smoke wrench