[TowerTalk] Earth Anchors

Joe - WDØM WD0M at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 3 14:00:37 EDT 2007

I used the Texas Towers earth anchors for my 40
foot Rohn 25G in Alaska that carried a Mosley
Pro57B-40 and a Cushcraft 5L 6M antenna.  It was
mounted on the edge of a bluff overlooking the
ocean at about 1300 feet.  It withstood 125 mph
(recorded) wind gusts and never pulled out of the
ground.  When I moved to Colorado, I tried
removing them - and simply gave up and buried the
tops of the anchors.  They work.

73,

Joe
WDØM (exWL7M)