[TowerTalk] DPDT Coaxial Relay question or alternative

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 8 09:42:30 EDT 2007

I am building a set of Phased verticals for 30M. I was going to switch in a quarter wave length of coax using a DPDT coaxial relay, to steer the signal 90 degrees (Broad side to End fire). I went looking for the appropriate relay and found some (Surplus Sales) but the cost was more than I have in the two verticals and the cabling. Does anyone have an inexpensive source for one or an idea on how I might do it with a "regular" DPDT relay? I have some Potter Brumfield that will take the power but how much impedance "bump" will that insert and should I worry about it?

Ideas and suggestion are welcome.

Clint - W5CPT