[TowerTalk] Blackening Aluminum

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 17:32:39 EDT 2007

Also, you could purchase about 100 permanent magic markers and open them  up,
pour in a container and soak your aluminum in the solution.

Just kidding, just kidding.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/11/2007 4:13:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kd4e at verizon.net writes:

>  Does anyone know of a chemical wash that can be used to permanently
>  blacken aluminum without painting?  I seem to recall there is such  a
> thing but I haven't been able to find any info on it.
>  Doug  VE7DRF

Leave it outdoors in the shade in Florida for a  while.
The natural buildup of mold and mildew will blacken
it pretty  quickly!

:-)

I am looking forward to a better answer for you  as
such might come in handy for a stealth antenna.

I took the  liberty of copying your post to the
towertalk list as there as some real  sharp antenna
folks there.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc,  KD4E
Projects: ham-macguyver.bibleseven.com