[TowerTalk] pop riveter

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Wed Apr 18 15:14:29 EDT 2007

Gregg:

     Irrespective of which model riveter you buy, allow me to pass along a
couple of tips I learned here on TT that really work:

o   When you assemble an antenna element (F12, Bencher, Acme, etc.), insert
ALL the pop rivets at a joint at the same time BEFORE you pop the first one.
To do otherwise risks misaligning the remaining holes once the first rivet
tightens.

o   If you are using NoAlOx, Ox-Guard or similar material at the joints in
your antenna elements (and you ARE using such material, aren't you?),  don't
get any on the rivets' stems.  This makes them slippery and difficult to
cinch tight with the tool.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F