[TowerTalk] Mast slipping

Todd Ruby rubywine at verizon.net
Sun Apr 22 09:55:09 EDT 2007

I have a 4 el SteppIR and a Cushcraft 40-2CD 13 feet above it on the
same 2.5" crome moly mast on 100' ft of Rohn SSV. The rotator is an
Orion M 2800. Maybe it is just dumb luck (the only kind I have) but it
has been up for over 2 and a half years and nothing has slipped at all.
The only thing that used to bother me is that when I mounted the
elements of the 40-2CD they were not exactly square with the boom so
they look a hair skewed. I got over that by listening to W3LPL who said
" the DX will never know".

73
de
todd