[TowerTalk] FW: Rohn-25G Removal

DMartin560 at aol.com DMartin560 at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 13:13:04 EDT 2007

No, Jeff, I'm not kidding.
Sure, I know what you are describing.
But all of these are not one piece towers.
They are, depending on the size of the tower, ten to twenty
foot long sections stacked on top of each other.
And therefore you would use a gin pole to raise/lower the sections
one at a time and the Tower Jack to aid in disassembling the individual
sections.

I have a 100ft 25G in my backyard...installed with a gin pole one 10ft
section at a time.

I have 70ft of 45G to install here in a few weeks...to be installed with a
gin pole a 10ft section at a time.

I have a 50ft bracketed 25G that I need to remove this week.  I will do it
with my gin pole...one 10ft section at a time.

This is the way everybody (I assume) here on towertalk assembles and
disassembles towers.
That's why nobody knows what you are talking about.

KG4ADM

Your kidding me, right? You don't have any old towers left over from
pre-cable, or sat dish days? Some are still being used for so called, line
of sight wireless cable.  Also most marina's around here have one with a vhf
antenna on top.  There are probably hundred's of 40 to 50+ foot one piece
free standing towers within 25 miles of my QTH. In fact there's one in my
neighbors backyard....

73 Jeff kb2m