[TowerTalk] Morrison Tower Jack

Jeff Griffin kb2m at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 08:49:32 EDT 2007

 Located here is a picture of a Morrison Tower Jack......

http://home.comcast.net/~kb2m/jack.jpg

 The companion prop (not shown)  is nothing more then a tower jack without
the jack.
  I setup an album of pictures from my visit yesterday, but can't figure out
how to allow anonymous viewing in Comcast Snapfish. Anyone know how? I'm an
amateur retired person, only been retired 4 months, so I could use a little
help.
   Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words. This is a light duty jack,
Bill the owner of the company said it is used for towers up to 40 foot or
so. The heavy duty jacks that I used to use before they were stolen would
work up to a 70 footer.
  I asked Bill who manufactured the jacks, he said he bought them used from
someone getting out of the tower business. So the manufacturer is unknown.
Looking at them they sorta look like surplus military. The heavy overbuilt,
over engineered look. I don't think I will attempt to build a set.
  I think we have beat tower jacks to death, no more posts from me on the
subject....

73 Jeff kb2m