[TowerTalk] Distance between Yagi antennas

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 12:28:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/22/2007 9:15:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  How far above a horizontal triband HF beam can a vertical  two meter beam
be placed on the same mast.  I have seen photos of very  little separation.

    How far above? How much mast do you have?  Hi!

    I don't think there's any maximum spacing  distance. Minimum is where you
might see some interaction but the only beams  I've seen that have real
problems are the Mosleys - you can't put any other  antenna around them. (But
that's just one of their problems.) Typically  VHF/UHF antennas are so small
electrically that the HF yagi doesn't even see  them.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH