[TowerTalk] Repost Re: Re: Working on HV Lines

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Fri Apr 27 10:17:00 EDT 2007

My original formatting did not make it to the WWW archives, and the version
there is hard to parse.  So, I'm trying again in case anybody wants to
figure out what I was saying.

Well, W6RMK's reply makes me a believer:

"This is normal operating practice.. they've been doing it for decades...  I
*am* impressed at the skill of the helo driver.  Takes a steady hand to hold
the helo like that and you can bet they don't do it on a windy day."

But I am absolutely flabbergasted.  I haven't felt so stunned since I stood
up sharply inside a steel doorframe that was six inches shorter than I am.
(Just to connect it with ham radio, I was on my way to the club station
where I used to work.)

73, Art K3KU