[TowerTalk] Unique Tuner

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 27 16:09:42 EDT 2007

There are 2 different Unique Wire tuners. The original is an L with the Coil inline and the cap to ground.

The other is called "The Unique Wide Range Tuner" and it has a variable configuration that will let you put either the cap or coil inline and the coil or cap to ground. I found the manual with schematic on the BAMA site. The UWRT also has two 1000pF caps (internal) you can add with jumpers on the rear of the unit.

I have the former and was considering exactly what you are. However, for a short vertical  you will need the cap to be inline and the coil to ground (the opposite of a Long Wire Tuner, which it is). The cap is 600 uF and the coil is 28 mH and the counter is very smooth and the counter accurate.