[TowerTalk] Pole Mount for Beam Antenna

Gerald Boutin towertalk at infinichron.com
Sat Apr 28 00:07:46 EDT 2007

Rather than suggestions that the idea be dropped, I am hoping that someone
actually does have some useful thoughts on how to do this.

This is also a topic that is on my to do list. I have an existing utility
pole on my property. It no longer has anything attached to it and is about
30 feet tall. I am hoping to use it as a test tower for tuning antennas. The
idea of being able to conveniently raise and lower an antenna is very
appealing.

--
Gerald Boutin, VE1DT

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:24:27 -0400, Garry <g.drummond at verizon.net>
 wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions of what to use to mount a beam on a
>wooden pole where you can raise and lower the antenna?

I'm sure it could be done if you really wanted to, but wooden poles
are passe for a very good reason: They don't last and require a lot of
maintenance while they are up. One possible exception is a
fully-creosoted telephone pole but they have disadvantages too.

For ham use, metal is the way to go.

Bill W6WRT