[TowerTalk] Re: Hardwired coax

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Apr 30 16:36:15 EDT 2007

Once I discovered a lightning damaged connector just hours before a contest
and I just cut it away and soldered the centers together and the shields
together in a pig tail fashion.  I taped it up and operated the contest
without incident.  In fact I never got around to making a permanent repair
and I used it that way for a year until I dismantled the station.  This was
done on one hardline run on a SO2R station and I saw no noticeable
difference between using the pig tail line or the one with proper hardline
connectors.

73,
John KK9A