[TowerTalk] Newbie with tower

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 5 15:05:01 EDT 2007

  Mark wrote
    >  What would you advise - stringing up some temporary guys before trying to
    diassasemble the tower and replacing it with a self supporting tower set in
    a decent sized base?

    Steve replied

     Umm, maybe something not so drastic.

        There's no reason why you can't use your existing tower with a little more work. You can take your existing housebrackets to a welder and get something more substantial fabricated.

        I don't know if you commented on the concrete or lack of in the base. Obviously you should have some if you don't already.

        How much tower is above the top housebracket? Current Rohn specs will let you go up 15 feet or so but more than that you might want to consider guys.

        If guys are not in your future, then a self-supporter is worth investigating.

        With a little bit of work and investment, your existing tower would be up to snuff.

    Cheers,
    Steve      K7LXC
    TOWER TECH

  Hi Steve,

  I thought that the original problem was that in the wind the chimney moves, so I don't think better brackets are going to fix that problem

  Mark N1UK G3ZZM