[TowerTalk] [RFI] Subwoofer resolution

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 21 02:46:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:44:42 -0700, Jim Lux wrote:

>I was thinking more for those situations where you have long cable
>runs, and the common mode voltage difference between the endpoints is
>a problem.

Of course. And that's a great example of an interface that should be
balanced!  The high futility industry did us all a great disservice when
they standardized on unbalanced interfaces to connect their equipment.
Instead of selling gold plated chassis and cables they could make REAL
improvements with balanced ins and outs.

Jim