[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Swinging Link Antenna Tuner Not Working

Commander John crazytvjohn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 19:17:42 EDT 2007

Commander John <crazytvjohn at yahoo.com> wrote:  Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Commander John <crazytvjohn at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging Link Antenna Tuner Not Working
To: Chuck Pool <aa5wg at yahoo.com>

  The 1952 handbook has a real nice unit.  Swinging link is old stuff and obsolete.  Use a fixed link and a link capacitor to tune.  I had one of those with the swinging link.  used it to pivot the link out of the plug in coil so it could be pulled. coil was 8" x 4" by B&W HDVL, I think.

  john w9zy

Chuck Pool <aa5wg at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Does anyone have pictures and component values for a swinging link antenna tuner that works well. My swinging link antenna tuner will not work. I tried feeding the open wire line in the series (current feed) and parallel (voltage feed) configuration but it would not work.
Maybe my capacitor and coils are not the right values? The feed-line is 1/4 wavelength multiples. At present, I don' t want to use a series capacitor with the link coil.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chuck
aa5wg at yahoo.com