[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 12:00:54 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/25/2007 8:24:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Question: Which is preferable, a 45AG top section with a TB4  inside
the top section; or, a 45G with a BPL45G and TB4 on top  ?

        I much prefer the flat-top  - you can stand on it to do antenna work
and overall it's easier to work with.

        Also, aggressive (read big  mast and stack of HF antennas)
installations put too much stress on the  taper-top sections and they may break. I've
seen a couple of them myself. Never  seen any problem with the flat-tops.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH