[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G insulated base part number?

jacobsen_5 at msn.com jacobsen_5 at msn.com
Wed Aug 29 19:28:23 EDT 2007

Steve,

The oldest Rohn catalog I have is 1987. The only thing in it is the 25RG. That is a 10' section with humongous insulators in each leg. I don't remember ever seeing an insulated base plate from Rohn. (but then at my age, the memory plays tricks HIHI!)

Haven't I seen where some guys have used the flat base plate with teflon washers to bush the holes??? Also I saw Tom, W8JI, had some kind of insulator that looked homebrewed. Google Rohn 25g base insulators and I think the site comes up. Or I suppose you could just Google W8JI and get his site. He replaced a 25G with 45G and had lots of pictures.........

Good luck with the project, what ever it may be. AND thanks for the work you do on the list.

73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake