[TowerTalk] amerite towers

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 17:27:13 EDT 2007

Reid:

     I found some info on American Tower at  http://www.amertower.com/amerite_towers.html .  The way I read their product descriptions, it sounds like a Rohn design, i.e., steel tubing braced with Z-shaped rod, prefers to be guyed, but free-standing only with limited heights and wind load atop the tower.  The PDF product brochure says to contact their rep for detailed specs, which I recommend you do.

     If you want another self-supporting tower to consider, check out Trylon at http://www.trylon.com/lightdutytowers/titanselfsupporttowers.asp .  I and several others here on TT have installed these towers.  I've often said that I would buy another if I needed one and could find the space for it.  I'm very satisfied with the product.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F