[TowerTalk] W6NL 40-2CD => Moxon Conversion

WA3GIN wa3gin at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 09:45:22 EST 2007

Interesting stuff...

I wonder how different the beam performance results would be for a similar
configuration where the "Moxon" elements are replaced with a simple droppy
wire.

At the club station we have a 40m dipole made from 2" aluminum tubing. The
horizonal element is 40ft, split in the center and fed directly with 52 ohm
coax. At the ends of each of the 20ft pieces of  tubing is #10 wire about
16ft long, but trimmed  to resonance.  Except for guy wire clearance or
ethetics wouldn' t this configuration yield similar results as the "MOXON"?

73,
dave
wa3gin