[TowerTalk] Drilling tubing (180 deg)

Jim Miller JimMiller at STL-OnLine.Net
Fri Dec 28 19:40:15 EST 2007

Have a drill press?  Make a V groove in a block of wood (table saw/circular
saw, two 45 degree cuts, etc.), clamp it to the drill press table (drill
press vise, C clamps, etc.) so the drill bit exactly aligns with the bottom
of the groove, raise the bit, place the round object, drill it.  Done,
perfect.

73,Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: <N7KA at comcast.net>
To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 3:00 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drilling tubing (180 deg)

> Using my previous paper for marking a cut line, remove paper from tubing
ande flatten it out making a crease in the paper.  Each crease is 180
degrees from the other.   result a NO measurement method of finding opposing
holes for drill in round stock material. Just slide the pper back over the
tubing and mark the tubing at the crease.  All this takes is paper, some
Scotch tape, and a pencil.

> For small tubing a "PORTA-LIGN fixture on a hand drill will provide a good
thru hole.  Used this method to make 4X14el 2M yagis and 8X16el 432MHz
yagis.