[TowerTalk] Tower Update

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 10:30:33 EST 2007

Hi David and all:

Thanks for the information I was not aware of that, but am now.

 I will make some phone calls and see what I can get done on delivery.

I guess another question would be, since I was thinking of leveling it with a bubble level, but I dont have one that is over around
a 6" long. Will a plumb bob through the center of the first section be accurate enough to make the tower straight as I go up in
height to say 80 feet or so?

I was rethinking the vertical leveling and thought I might just tie a string at the center of the top of the section (ten foot
bottom section) I am going to cement in -

tie a rock or something to it
eyeball it to be in the center of the section
at the end of the string at ground level
then cement it in

But then remembered the higher I go
the more off center it will get if I am off at all at the bottom.

So would a three or four foot bubble level be the way to go instead?
Or would the plumb bob be accurate enough?

Bob AD5VJ