[TowerTalk] Soldering RG213 to PL259

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 6 12:03:31 EST 2007

Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]
Several years ago when I had access to a network analyzer, I was tuning
up a set of cavities for the local 2m repeater. I couldn't get one of
the cans
to tune properly and finally wound up replacing one of the type N tee
connectors. I took the suspect connector to the machine shop and had
one side milled off so I could examine the interior. I was astonished to
find that the connection from the branch side to the through conductor was
a small spiral spring made out of fine wire! The spring was a press fit
on the
center conductor of the branch side and just butted up against the conductor
on the through side. I still have the connector on my bench to remind me not
to buy cheap connectors.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)