[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 bolts

Michael J. Castellano km1r at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 09:36:58 EST 2007

Going all over, looking for replacement bolts, checking into the properties of stainless, etc. I think we are reinventing  the wheel here.

Why not just call Rohn or whoever sells their parts and order the "official" bolts.  The cost won't be much higher if at all than shopping around.

I'm not the bigget fan of Rohn (being a PIROD user) but lets face it. Rohn has been the industry leader for over a half century and they supplied the bolts that would properly do the job. Their engineers knew what they were doing. If they felt stainless was better, they would have spec'd it and raised their prices accordingly.

Simple... use the OEM parts and you will be fine.

Oh yeh, and don't use scrounged / used bolts... you don't know where they have been!!

73 and be careful on the iron.

Mike KM1R