[TowerTalk] alpha spid rotator

larryjspammenot@teleport.com larryj at teleport.com
Sun Feb 11 23:46:58 EST 2007

I've shipped rotators and other ham gear that I've sold on ebay, etc. to Canada via the U.S. Postal System, filling out the customs declaration with the description of the equipment, and as being "Used Amateur Radio Equipment". I don't know if anyone ever wound up having to pay an additional customs charge at the other end. But the buyers always asked me to declare the value as just some very "minimal" amount, or list it as a "gift",  for whatever I was sending. I think they were afraid that they'd get dinged for an additional amount when they received it, no matter how it was labeled.
LJ