[TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical ant

Peter Forbes prforbes at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 12 01:47:11 EST 2007

Hi All,

Why not rephrase the question slightly and take away the issue of mast
support height?

You have a 66 foot tree (or wooden mast) from which you can properly hang a
vertical dipole.

Alternatively you can have a 33 foot high vertical monopole with 66 radials
ON THE GROUND

Alternatively you have a 33 foot high vertical monopole WITH ITS BASE AT 33
feet high with a significant number of quarter wave radials almost
horizontal to the ground.

In which order would you expect performance to be?

Will the ground conductivity, both near field and far field now be the
significant factor?

Cheers

Peter   VK3QI