[TowerTalk] Tower foundations

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 12 19:47:02 EST 2007

If you want a 60' self supporting tower, you should buy one and not use Rohn
65G.  A 60' unguyed Rohn 65G is not very strong and it's somewhat shaky to
climb Having to attach guy wires every time there's a hurricane threat is
just a pain.  If you want to use Rohn 65G, you could probably just put a
pier pin in your concrete slab and install one set of guys near the top and
you'd have a very strong tower that you would not have to worry about every
time the wind blows.

John KK9A