[TowerTalk] Amphenol connectors

Ethan ethan at ravenscall.net
Fri Feb 16 01:23:32 EST 2007

Steve Litwins wrote:
> I have a pair of Amphenol A4PNM-W connectors I think made for Andrew Heliax
> LDF4-50A.  Has anybody used these N-type connectors on above cable?
> And...if so, do u know what the installation instructions are?  73/dx
> steve, k8wk
> ***********

I've used several different brands of connectors on 1/2" Heliax, and the
assembly instructions are all pretty similar, but the specifics vary.
Basically you need to trim the cable so a small length of center
conductor is exposed, and a longer length of shield is exposed, then put
the back part on along with any o-rings that may come with the
connector, and screw the front part onto the back part.  Unless this is
a solder type connector, where you have to solder the center pin onto
the conductor.  This is the basic idea, but...  without the specific
instructions, I can't give any specific information.  I don't have any
of these connectors around to check for myself, and the instruction
sheets that come with them are probably long gone from the last install
I did with these.

I wasn't able to find an A4PNM-W, the only connectors that Amphenol
lists are the A4PNM (solderless) and A4PNM-S (solder type).  Here's a
drawing of one: http://drawings.amphenolrf.com/Customer_Outline/CA4PNM.pdf
If you do a search for A4PNM at amphenolrf.com you will find some more
info.  Unfortunately the links to installation instructions don't work.
One could always contact Amphenol for assistance.

Ethan KC8HES