[TowerTalk] 2nd thrust bearing inside tower - you opinions??

AA6DX - Mark aa6dx at arrl.net
Wed Feb 21 11:51:54 EST 2007

Double Thrusts?  Been there, done that more than once ..Rohn 45 Flop-Over
and straight-up, old Richfield gas station tower, et al ... never had a
problem, just be sure the alignment is correct.  Would do it again, way I
did it was to have the 2 bearings hold the total weight of the array, and
not "seated" on the rotator.  That allowed the rotator to be easily
serviced. I was using 22' mast ..  Tri-Ex sked 80.  Both West Coast storms
and Washington DC ice loadings .. Sure there will be those who do not
concur, but ... worky worky!
73
Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX at ARRL.NET