[TowerTalk] Two 15m yagi stacking

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 21:58:25 EST 2007

I am planning a stack of three 5 element 20 meter Yagis.  They will be at
50, 100 and 150 feet (15.2, 30.4, 45.6 meters), close to 3/4 wavelength.
Yagi boom length often determines best stacking distance.  My Yagis have a
44 ft (13.4 m) boom.  Using a shorter boom such as found on a tri-bander,
best stacking distance should be close to 1/2 wavelength.

In my experience, more elements (spaced on a longer boom) is better than
fewer elements (on a shorter boom).  Using 4 and 5 elements is a good choice
for 40 and 20 meters, and I like 6 and 7 elements on 15 and 10 meters.

73, Keith NM5G