[TowerTalk] Two 15M stacking

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sun Feb 25 14:53:00 EST 2007

>From Maryland, a 45 degree beamwidth will simultaneously cover the
following areas with large contester populations:

Azimuth    Coverage area

22-25      UA4 and UA9 zone 17
22-30      Northern LA  OH9  SM2  UA1Z
30-60      Continental Europe (DL, G, F, HA, HB, I, OK, SP, UA, YU etc)
60-68      Iberian Peninsula (CT1, EA)

Its wise to include in a few degrees of additional beamwidth for small beam pointing errors, pattern assymetry and skewed propagation paths.

50 degree beamwidth is a good choice, requiring boom lengths of one wavelength or less.

73!
Frank
W3LPL