[TowerTalk] Hygain Baluns or Coaxial Coil

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Tue Feb 27 08:26:46 EST 2007

Jim,

Good choice on the coax.  One other thing to consider is that the old manuals for the Hygain antennas instructed you to wind up a lot more coax than you should.and it was not as effective as should be.  Wind about 6 turns of coax tightly on a 4" UV resistant PVC pipe which will be good for 20/15/10.

The last time I did this was the day before the ARRL Contest a few weeks ago on my 10M antenna which had a modern-day current balun which had gone bad.  I'll never ever use another balun.

Stan, K5GO

Got several replies, guess I need to watch my Ns and Ms on the keyboard...  Oh well thanks
to all for the responses...

Coax it is!!!

cul

Jim/KC4HW