[TowerTalk] Vintage Rhombic Treatises

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 03:59:29 EST 2007

Pat Barthelow wrote:

>Does anyone know how long a copyright  holds for an antenna book?  I
>recovered from storage two beautifully written books on Rhombic Antennas.
>that are probably classics.  One, from Collins Radio, about Rhombic design,
>with a lot of graphical design aids, from about 1955, and another by ATT,
>very old, written during the Heyday of Rhombics used to hop the pond on the
>east coast.  They are so well written, and illustrated, I would be tempted
>to republish  them, if there is a want for them, and if it was legal. Both
>copyrights as printed in the books are more than 50 years old.

Go to:
http://www.pmillett.com/tecnical_books_online.htm

That site already has several copyright-expired electronics books
online, so they understand the issues involved.

There are many more copyright-expired technical books available as free
downloads. In particular, 'Radio Antenna Engineering' by Laport is
available at:
http://www.lulu.com/content/159004

>73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg at hotmail.com;
>Skype: Sparky599
>Moon or Bust!--Jamesburg Gang Rides Again!

You'll have to change that sig line, Pat. Congratulations to the whole
team for making that 100ft dish move again, and 'reaching the moon' last
weekend!

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK