[TowerTalk] Unusual bird problem - Bird stuck in mast

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Jan 2 19:05:07 EST 2007

Birds are not exactly the brightest critters on the planet although some are
a lot smarter than others. In general the little ones are at the shallow end
of the gene pool. OTOH Ducks and Sea Gulls are pretty close to shallow water
as well.

Some birds are great at judging distance, but many are not.
They will perch on top of a pipe, look down and think the equivalent of
"this little hole might make a good nest" not realizing that little hole
goes a longgg way down.  Once inside they can not jump back up nor can they
use their wings in the confined space. In some instances they might have
ducked into the "hole" to avoid a Hawk. The Hawk would have been quicker.

However it's not uncommon.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com